Songkran @ Sukhothai
Songkran, Thailand’s new year, is coming soon on the 13th of April. Many places in Thailand have lots of activities, mostly water festivals, including Sukhothai. Let’s see what we have here,
1. Sukhothai Ordination Parade on Elephant Back Festival (7th April 2017) since 150 years ago, the ordination on elephant back has been in Sukhothai (Baan Hard Seow). The parade is beautiful and worth waiting for.
2. Sri Sat Chanalai Songkran Festival (8th - 12th April 2017) - in Sri Sat Chanalai district at the Phaya Lithai monument. There will be food festivals, parades and live music.
3. Retro Sukhothai Songkran Festival (12th - 14th April 2017) - at Sukhothai History Park. Enjoy the Sand Pagoda Contest, Traditional Games, etc.
4. Sawankhalok Songran and Food Festival (11th - 15th April 2017) - the festival will be located along Yom River, SawangArom temple, Sawankhalok - The temple, more than 240 years old, is a famous temple in Sukhothai. The main stage will be set up in the middle of the river at the edge of the dam.
5. KhaoTok Road with Floral Cloth, SukhothaiSongran Festival (12th - 15th April 2017) - at Sukhothai Downtown, there will be parades of floral cloth creating a great atmosphere in the streamy hot summer in April.
6. Maha Songkran Festival at Srichum temple (13th - 16th April 2017) - At Srichum temple.
7. Hae Nam Khuen Hong Festival (17th - 20th April 2017) - At Ban Tuek Sub district, Sri Sat Chanalai.
There will also be the Mini Light and Sound show in the Sukhothai History Park on the 7th April 2017. This is the chance for you to experience the real summer festival in the middle of the historic city.